Thursday, July 31, 2008

Taipei 101

Today we went to see the tallest building in the world - Taipei 101. Seb was amazed by how big it was. We were glad to be out of the hotel but still be doing something in the cool! We took a taxi from the door of our hotel right to the front door of Taipei 101 so we didn't get to feel the heat. We had a bit of a look around the MANY shops on the first few levels, then went to the observation deck to look at the amazing scenery.

I should tell you about our little mishap of the day, as I'm sure Ian will end up telling everyone anyway! As we were approaching the end of our taxi ride, I was doing my Mummy checklist in my head, making sure I had everything etc. I was mentally going through everything in the nappy bag...got to the bibs...check...water for bottles....check.....bottles?!?!?!? Crap!!! Yep, I forgot the bottles. Of course, there were SO many shops in Taipei 101 but do you think one of them would sell bottles??? NO!!! Ian had to go on a hike down the street to get some. Ooops. Poor Daddy came back very sweaty, but he would do anything to keep his little girl happy (and me of course!!!)


Thanks Grandma! This little outfit looks really cute on Zoe and it will still fit this summer too :)

Looking out on the city Zoe's called home for 4 months

One of the great views

Seb checking out the view through binoculars - he wasn't quite tall enough to see through them himself.

Seb in front of the view of the mountains

Seb with 'Bee Man', as he called him

Ian with the kids

Me with the kids

Taipei 101

A carpark full of scooters. It still amazes me how many are actually around

When we finished at Taipei 101, there was a lovely breeze outside which made it much more bearable to be outside.

Just a couple of tidbits about Zoe: She is doing really well, but was a bit out of sorts this afternoon. Probably because it's hard for her to get a good sleep in the pram so was a bit tired. She has the strongest little legs! I think they are even stronger than Seb's were at the same age - and his were strong! She rolled over (half way!) for the first time that we've seen on Tuesday. She was laying on the bed on her tummy, and I couldn't believe it when she just flopped herself over. Clever little girl!

No comments: