Monday, July 28, 2008

Change of plan :(

Because of the typhoon we have had a change of plan. Soon after returning to our room, Donna from CSS rang to say that it was too dangerous to drive in the typhoon so we would have to reschedule. Just found out that typhoon Fung-Wong is heading over Taiwan with 175kph winds! Yikes. Donna was really nice about it and said that she'd rung the nurses at CSS nursery and they said that Zoe was doing really well. It's killing me that she's so close yet we are still to meet her. Donna is going to call at 2.15pm (4.15 our time) to let us know what's going on. The weather seems to have calmed down a lot now. Not raining at the moment, just windy so please pray it calms down enough so we can get picked up at 3pm so we can meet our little girl.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to update our blog on our last 3/4 day in Korea.


Ian & Seb just around the corner from ESWS. We had to cross this street every time we went on the subway. Cars going everywhere, so thankfully there is a proper crossing here!


Seb & I just before going to Maccas for lunch :)


One of the back streets in Korea. We took a different walk home and found another town we hadn't explored yet. Don't you love the power lines?!?

Seb checking out one of the planes at Korea's Incheon airport while we wait for our flight.


Very excited to be going to Taiwan to meet his sister although he did have a cry about leaving Korea.

Still waiting.....

We got to our hotel at midnight (Aussie time). As you can see, Seb is curled up in a ball fast asleep. I just can't believe how well Seb has done on this whole trip.

Ian & Seb relaxing on our bed having a laugh.

Donna told Ian it might be best to go out and get some supplies in case the weather actually got worse so he braved the wet and wind and found the supermarket. We'll be having noodles for lunch and tea today! Ian can't believe how cheap the food is - all this cost about AUS$20, with the water being REALLY cheap.

Anyway, back to waiting for our phone call to tell us if we can pick up Zoe today or not. As I asked before, please pray that the weather calms down soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I can't believe it. Praying that the weather calms down. Good to know that Zoe is ok. Isn't Feeling across the road from the nursery???? Just cross it!!! I was hoping this post was with photos. Feeling your agony.

Me

BTW Love the cheap groceries. I'm taking notes! Love the sound of the car that picked you up too.

E x

Dennisfamilyof4 said...

Hi Robyn, thinking of you all! Let's hope that typhoon blows itself out, and you can meet little Zoe soon. Sending all our love, Michelle, Brendan, Sam and Lily.