Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


Mother's Day this year was a nice relaxing day for me. The kids played happily, I put my feet up, and Ian did the 'Mummy' chores for the day (with quite a bit of instruction from me!! haha).

The kids helped Ian prepare breakfast and my lovely hubby got busy cooking my breakfast after I'd had a bit of a sleep in.

YUM!!!

My two wonderful kiddies.

I love being a Mum. Seb & Zoe have in many ways given me a purpose in life. My job is to be the best Mum I can possibly be to these two blessings.



Me and my spunky son. Seb has brought so much joy into my life from the moment we had our first cuddle on the day we met. He is such a cheery, friendly little man who loves to make me laugh and loves it when I'm silly and make him laugh as well. Seb has grown up so much and I can't believe he'll be 8 next month. I so want to stop him from growing so fast, but at the same time I'm so proud of how much he has grown up. He is my kind hearted boy who has great empathy for people. He doesn't forget a face and loves to say hello to anyone he remotely knows. Seb tells us he loves us numerous times during the day - in the middle of playing, while we're eating tea, before bed - any time he feels love in his heart, which is a lot :) He's been my bud for a long time, and as I tell him, he will always be my baby boy no matter how old he is.


My and my constant companion and beautiful daughter. Zoe is my shy little girl who doesn't like saying hello to anyone when we're out and about, not even extended family members a lot of the time. We are working on that part! Zoe is very reserved when out of the house, but at home she definitely likes to be the boss and is very outgoing! She is a real chatterbox who loves to tell me everything she's doing or anytyhing she's thinking about. She is at the great age of 4 where she's working out how the world works more, and coming out with hilarious thoughts. Zoe is a big mummy's girl which I love. If I need to leave her anywhere, like at my Mum's or kinder, she makes sure I am going to come pick her up later and she is fine and says goodbye and plays happily. I don't know how I'm going to cope when she goes to 4yo kinder next year, and even worse, school the following year. I am going to miss her so, so much.

Like most Mums, I think I am the luckiest Mum in the world. I love my kids with all my heart :)

No comments: