22nd March, 2013
The last night in our old house was quite an emotional one for me. Even though I wanted to move to our new house, there were a lot of memories I had that involved the old house. I packed the last of the boxes with tears streaming down my face. I talked to Ian about every day things while I packed as I knew I couldn't handle talking about what was really going on in my head. It didn't help that I was totally and utterly exhausted.
Our sweet Seb. He doesn't like big changes at the best of times and he was struggling with the fact he had to leave the only house he'd ever known. From the time we put our house on the market, there were a lot of tears from him as he adjusted to the fact he'd have to let his home go. He is a sensitive soul and he knew this home was where his family and comfort were and he wasn't able to understand at the time that it would still be the same at the new house. Seb needed extra cuddles and loving in the leadup to moving day.
It was emotional for me leaving our old house as it was where we brought home our baby boy, he is what made it our first family home. The home where we finally realised our dream of being parents, where Seb learnt to crawl, walk and talk. His toys used to be piled all around the loungeroom and overtook our coffee table even, before we built on the playroom. Thank goodness for photos and memories.
Our beautiful Zoe. Always up for whatever is going, or whatever Mum says. As long as she knows her parents are coming back, or we're going with her she's fine. If she knows the plan she is more than fine with what happens. Zoe happily counted the sleeps till she got to move to her new house, and was so excited every time we went to the new house. There were lots of questions about what we were taking with us 'Are we taking my bed Mum?' 'What about the TV?' :) Once I explained that all of our stuff would be coming with us she was happy!
I'll always love our old house as that is where I became a Mum to two of the most precious kids in the world. Not only was I blessed to be the mother of a son, but doubly blessed to be the mother of a daughter as well. We had so much fun making Zoe's bedroom into a girly room :) I remember Zoe being attached to me permanently when she was young, and trying to make tea in my kitchen with her on my hip, or screaming for me through a closed door when Daddy took her into another room :)
Packing the last little bits and pieces the night before we moved uncovered two of my beloved childhood teddy bears. I loved these puppies so much and took one to bed every night. Finding them helped to remind me that even though I wasn't in my childhood home anymore, even little things could spark my memory and in my mind I could still go straight back to the time when I was little.
We will always remember the good times (and the bad!) that we had in our old house.



No comments:
Post a Comment