Saturday, December 5, 2009

Seb's 5th Forever Day


Five years ago today, we were given the most precious gift - our son. Words can't describe how it felt to become a family for the very first time. We were so blessed to be given our wonderful son and really couldn't imagine life without him. Thank you Seb for five wonderful years so far! We love you with all our hearts.

As I'm in a very reminiscent mood, I thought I would share some old photos:

The President of ESWS, Dr Kim, saying a prayer over Seb and his foster mother, Mrs Lee.

Oh boy, the time where Mrs Lee had to hand over Seb to us forever. It was a very bittersweet time. We were overjoyed to be handed our beautiful son, but also mindful of the fact how hard it was for Mrs Lee. She loved Seb so much.

I was very content sitting at the airport giving Seb my first ever bottle.

We have come a very long way from having our very first cuddles in Korea, but we will never ever forget all the people it took to bring our boy to us. Most of all we are very thankful for Seb's birth mother who relinquished him for adoption so that he could have a better life. She loved him so much that she was willing to give him up. Although we have never met, I feel a deep connection to Seb's birth mother as we both love our son, Seb Koh.

No comments: