Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas morning brought much excitement from both of the kids. Seb slept till almost 7am, and we had to wake Zoe up half an hour later. Seb was very patient while waiting for his sister to wake from her slumber. He was tip-toeing around checking to see if Santa and the reindeer had eaten their snacks (thankfully Ian remembered before he went to bed!) and checking out the presents under the tree. He was equally excited to see presents for Zoe as he was for his own.

The above picture shows the kids opening their presents from Santa. (You might also notice the pink crocs that HAD to be put on as soon as the little lady woke up!). Zoe had to re-use her first Christmas stocking from last year while Seb had his custom made one. I had finished stitching Zoe's, but am still waiting for the trinkets to come in (Grrrr!!!). Never mind, Zoe didn't seem to care!

Seb helping Zoe open one of her presents. After opening each one, Zoe would say 'Look!!!' :)

Playing with her new doll house. She likes to sit the little people on the toilet and say 'Poo'! Plus she likes to give them a bath and put them into bed :)

Seb got a lot of lego for Christmas, including a big box of Space Police (Seb said 'Just what I wanted. I'm so excited!'). I'm not sure who was more excited - Ian or Seb! Lego holds lots of good memories for Ian from his childhood and I hope Seb has the same memories one day. Here are the boys 'creating' amongst the pile of discarded wrapping paper.

Seb with one of the spaceships

Family shot

The two lights of our lives. I'm so proud of our two beautiful kids and often wonder how we got so lucky.

Such joy on their faces!

We had such a nice Christmas, sharing with family. It wouldn't be the same if we weren't exhausted by the end of the day! Our two little kiddies make all the fuss worthwhile.

Our house now smells like brand new dolls, and is littered with pieces from dolls houses and many, many pieces of lego. I love the mess as it reminds me that without our two precious children Christmas wouldn't be as joyous as it is now.

No comments: