Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Zoe's first day of 3yo kinder


Yesterday Zoe had her very first day of three year old kinder. It was an orientation day from 10.30-11.30 where the parents stay with their children. Zoe was so excited to be a big kinder girl. She was more than ready for the first day and had been wearing her backpack around the house. She'd also had plenty of practice with Seb and her playing 'schools' a lot during the holidays. She kept telling me 'I'm a big girl now Mum. I go to kinder.' Sadly for me, yes my baby girl is growing up fast.

Surely Zoe's too little to be starting kinder?!? I'm so glad they ease the parents into the start of the year too. I don't know how I'd have coped if I actually had to drop Zoe off by herself yesterday!


Proud as punch to be standing next to her big brother knowing she's joining him in 'school' life (even though to Mum it feels like only yesterday they were both babies being placed in my arms).

Mum, I'm soooooo ready for kinder!!!

After dropping Seb off to school, I took my little sweetheart and constant companion out for morning tea. She soon downed all her milkshake and big biscuit all by herself, so we did a little shopping before heading off to kinder.

Standing outside kinder. I love that it's the same one Seb went to. I was telling her to look at the camera (can never tell Zoe to smile for the camera as there's no way she will unless she feels like it!) and she said with all the attitude she could find 'I AM looking at the camera!'

Zoe's bag hook had a picture of carrots on it :)

Straight off, Zoe was into the pasting. She was totally into the 'zone' and only acknowledged her teachers if she thought they had something interesting to say!

Then Zoe went over to the playdoh table. She listened and talked to one of her teachers here as she had something useful to say - explaining how to make spaghetti with one of the gadgets.

Next Zoe moved over to the painting. This painting took all of one minute for her to do. When she'd finished, she stood back with both hands up in the air and stated 'I'm done'. Alrighty then!!!

Zoe then wanted to go outside so I took her over to where her groups hats were and got her to search for the shelf where her name was. She found it no worries and put on her hat.

Looking cute in her hat.

Fuzzy photo, but had to put it in so I'd know she went straight out on the play equipment and had a great time taking it in turns on the slide with another little girl she knows from dancing.

Then it was onto the sandpit. She played with a dump truck, then made a couple of sandcastles. She pretended to make a phone call and the teacher thought she'd heard her say she was talking to her Dad so she asked Zoe about it. I told the teacher she was actually calling the 'crabs' to come play on the sandcastle. The teacher then asked Zoe if the crabs were crawling over the sandcastle and Zoe replied, speaking like the teacher was a bit slow 'NO..... not yeeeet!!' like it was an obvious thing. Zoe cracks me up.

All this activity took place in under an hour so Zoe certainly kept herself busy. At the end of play it was time to go inside and sit on the mat. As they were waiting for the other kids to come in, the teacher was playing a game getting everyone to do what she was doing, like pat their knees etc. I could see the look on Zoe's face as if to say 'No way am I doing what she says!'. Most people have to earn Zoe's trust before she will willingly does as they ask. She did the same with her dance teacher, and Zoe loved her to bits by the middle of the year and did all the movements as she was told. Looks like it will take time with her kinder teachers too. They had story time at the end of the session and they read 'Where's the green sheep' so that was a winner in Zoe's books. She pretty much read it with the teacher as she knows that one off by heart.
Hopefully next week goes just as well seeing as I'll have to leave her there on her own. She'll probably be fine and I'll be a mess!


The big kinder girl then deserved to be taken out for lunch :)

A big day, but a fun one too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that was one productive hour! Go Zoe

Anita said...

Busy day for Zoe! Can't believe how grown up she is. She looks really grown up all of a sudden!