Friday, February 24, 2012

Zoe's 2nd & 3rd kinder



Zoe's 2nd kinder session was for 1 hour 20 minutes. Zoe happily went into kinder, found her hook to hang her bag, and made a bee line for the pasting table. I think that's going to be a favourite at kinder! After happily pasting for a minute or so, I told her Mummy had to go and gave her a kiss and a cuddle and she said 'Bye Mum'. Just like that. Happy as Larry. She looked up just before I headed out the door to give me another wave and kept on working. When I picked her up, I asked her what she did at kinder and she responded with 'Nothing'! In the car she listed off all the things she'd done. We met Ian for lunch and he asked her what the best bit about kinder was and she said 'Ahhh, Mummy picking me up'. Same for me, sweet girl :)

Zoe with the painting she did at orientation.

With the hearts she pasted paper on in her 2nd kinder session (Valentine's Day)

Zoe's second kinder session went a little bit differently. As soon as we were on our way, Zoe told me she didn't want to go to kinder anymore. Hmmmm. She clung onto my legs the whole walk in, and wouldn't look at her teachers when we went inside. Zoe made sure she had one hand on me at all times to make sure I didn't disappear. I mentioned to the teacher that Zoe was finding it more difficult that day and she said that usually happens on the 2nd or 3rd week as the kids know what's going on and they're responding to the change. Zoe was certainly responding. She did not want me to leave. Thankfully the teacher came over and sat next to Zoe. I got up and said I was going, gave her a hug and kiss, told her that I'd be back, then had to prise her arms apart that were wrapped around my legs. Thankfully there was no crying or screaming but my heart ached for my little girl. As I left, Zoe's eyes followed me out of the room, and she was clinging onto her teacher with her head on her shoulder, looking away from her. I wanted to run back inside and be with her, but I was strong and kept going! When I came back to pick her up after 1 hour and 45 minutes, she was playing happily with the blocks inside. When I asked her how her day was she said 'It was lots of fun Mum' :)

Hopefully next week goes well. It will be the full 3 hour class with all of the children attending (have only had half classes as a warm up).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tahlia did the same thing. She was fine for the first 2 weeks, then Ben dropped her off and there were big tears and she was begging him to stay. Funny how it happens after a couple of weeks. She did better yesterday. It's such an awful feeling to leave them like that, but the teachers told us it is pretty common and it gets easier. Well done for being strong Mummy!