Saturday, May 7, 2011

Remembering Birthmothers

As per usual, the day before Mother's Day we got the kids to draw and write on a balloon of their choice. We get them to remember their birthmothers and then release the balloons to 'travel to Korea and Taiwan'. Seb has been thinking of his birthfamily a lot lately and desperately wants to see them, so we tried really hard to make this a happy occasion of rememberance rather than a somber one. Last year it brought up deep emotions in Seb but we wanted this to be a celebration of their birthmothers and how thankful we are to them. I wish with all my heart I could take Seb and Zoe to visit Korea and Taiwan. I know it would mean a whole lot not just to us, but especially to Seb. There are many nights that I sit with Seb after putting him to bed where we talk about his birthfamily and Korea. I would love to give him more memories of his birth country.

The kids writing on their balloons.
Zoe was a lot more deliberate with her texta strokes this year.

Seb drew a face, lots of love hearts and wrote 'Love from Seb'.

Outside getting ready for the release. Seb was fairly quiet throughout most of this, and I know his sweet heart was thinking of his birthfamily.
Lots of love and wonderful thoughts floating up to the sky alongside the balloons.

I could never thank the kids birthmothers enough. I thank them for choosing life for our babies and for choosing an adoption plan. They have helped all our dreams come true because of the decisions they made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing