Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Seb's 1st Day Of Grade 1

My goodness, Seb was SO excited last night. When he saw his uniform that I had laid out for him, he started to jump up and down and clap his hands and said 'I can't believe I get to go to school tomorrow!!'. He went off to sleep well, got up at 10.30 to go to the loo, then came out again at 11.30 saying 'I can't go back to sleep because I'm just so exctied about school tomorrow!'. Ah, bless him! I laid down on his bed with him for 10 minutes and he was soon snoring loudly :)

Proud boy in his uniform



Seb came through to the bathroom to see me first thing this morning, and he'd already got himself fully dressed in his uniform. Then he went off to the kitchen where I could hear him rustling about. He'd gotten his breakfast ready and was happily eating it when I walked through. Straight after that, he got out all his food for the day and packed his bag. He even remembered which ice block I usually put in each container. My boy was ready to go to school at 7.15am!!! He wasn't impressed when I wouldn't take him to school at that hour. Needless to say, there were no tears (from either of us!) at dropoff. Seb picked up right where he left off.



I picked up a tired little boy at the end of the day. Seb said that he'd had a great day. The best part of the day of course was that he got to play with his mates. Another highlight was apparently the class budgie being let out of the cage and being allowed to fly around until it landed on the teachers head to be put back in the cage (quite well trained!).

It was SO hot and sticky today - it was horrible!!! It's a wonder the kids were still standing. In some classes, you could see some kids laying on the floor like they'd passed out!!! Seb didn't even want to go to his swimming lesson as he said his legs and arms were sore, and so was his brain :) He said they did some hard work today, but I think it's just that his brain is just starting to kick back into gear again! He said that he wished he could just be in Year 12 now so that he could be almost finished school. Then it was 'I don't want to go to school tomorrow'. I told him he had to as it was the law and we'd get in trouble if he didn't go. He then asked how long we'd have to be in jail for and who he'd stay with while we were there and for how long!!! Hmmmm, don't really like that way of thinking!!!

After eating a big tea, Seb is again looking forward to school tomorrow. I wouldn't want to go to school either in this heat, it's so draining. Not going to be much better for the rest of the week either I'm afraid. Come on cool change!!!

Am so glad Seb had a great first day. Can't believe he is in Grade 1.

No comments: