Last night was the school's Year 1 & 2 concert. The theme was the London Olympics. As we walked into the stadium, we were very proud to see Seb's Korean and Zoe's Taiwan flag hanging in the window (didn't realise Seb's flag was so much smaller than Zoes!).
I am so proud of our Korean boy. Seb, of course, led the South Korean team in the opening ceremony. I must admit I got a bit teary when I saw Seb come out. I will always be grateful to the country that gave us our son. There were roughly ten countries represented at the concert, and in each country there was at least one team member from that country. It was SO nice to see so many nationalities and in only two of the year levels. Makes me feel very blessed that we have a school like that to send our kids.
Our boy in his hanbok and with the Korean flag.
Addie in her outfit as part of the Kuwait team.
I love how it's not a big thing for the kids to dress up in different cultures. It is readily accepted and not 'out of the ordinary'. If only the rest of the world was just as accepting.
I was so proud of how well Seb did at the concert. He started off as a proud Korean boy representing his country, then he was part of the basketball team. Every single kid got to say a line into the microphone and Seb did a great job, especially as he doesn't usually like doing concerts. Then he had to do a little sequence/dance with all different basketball moves. It was a very pleasant way to spend an hour!
No comments:
Post a Comment