
It was Seb's first day at four year old kinder today. Seb had been counting down the sleeps all week and was so excited to wake up this morning realising there were no more sleeps! He was quite literally bouncing off the walls all morning waiting for it to be time to go. Seb was really looking forward to using his new backpack - almost as much as he was looking forward to going to kinder! He had no nerves at all and was just itching to go.
Can you tell how excited he was???

We had a really good conversation over tea about what he did at kinder and who he played with. Seb being the social butterfly that he is, said he played with lots of different kids. As he told me each activity he did, he listed off the different friends he played with. He said he played with some kids just a little bit, and others lots and lots, but also on his own for a little bit.
I myself was both sad and excited for Seb today. I was sad that my little boy has grown up so much and is now going to be away from home for four half days a week. On the other hand I'm really excited for him because I know how much he loves kinder and doing the different activities and playing with the kids.
Out the front of his kinder before going in for his first day

When I picked Seb up after his kinder session, the teacher said that Seb was just wonderful (this Mummy was rather proud of course). She also said that Seb actually sang some songs with the other kids. Seb basically NEVER does this and was one of the things I told the teacher I hoped he'd do this year. Turns out he does it the first day! If this is a sign of things to come, I'm very impressed!
No comments:
Post a Comment