Tuesday, May 20, 2014

First day of Prep and Year 4

31ST JANUARY 2014

When Ian & I woke up, we thought it was so quiet that the kids must have slept in. We couldn't have been more wrong! The kids had gotten up and dressed and Seb had made breakfast for himself and Zoe. I had wanted to savour every moment of Zoe particularly getting ready for her first day but I'd missed it all Lol! Seb was such a good boy getting them both ready.

I'd started getting teary early in the morning and Seb sensed this and gave me big hugs. I love Seb's heart and how caring he is.

 My precious kids. How I'd miss them playing around the house while they were at school.

 Zoe sitting very patiently while I did her hair for the first time on a school day.

My heart aches looking at these two in their uniforms. Hard to believe I held them as tiny babies, and now they looked so grown up and eager for school.

I decided I didn't like school. How dare they take my wonderful kids away from me?!? 
I am so stinking proud of these two.

 Still trying to hold it together. Ian had the day off too which was nice. I'd say it was 20% to see Zoe start her first day and 80% to support me on what was one of the hardest days saying goodbye to my baby girl.

 So grown up with their bags ready for a big day.

It was so nice seeing how confident Zoe was heading into school. She had been counting down the sleeps till she started school. I was honestly happy that Zoe was looking forward to it, but I wasn't looking forward to my lonely days without her with me!

We went and took Seb to his classroom first, and we met Addie along the way.

We all went in with Zoe to her classroom and watched as she happily unpacked her bag.

 Zoe was happy to see one of her kinder teachers there, whose daughter was in the other Prep class.

Tayvia, Zoe's friend from kinder. 

We got to stay and play with the kids for a while to help them settle in. In Zoe's case she was totally fine, it was extra time for me to be more ok about it all!

Zoe was happy as a clam and excited about starting her school life.

 Oh boy. Time for the parents to say goodbye. Zoe was happy to be left in her classroom but I can't say it was easy for me to leave! I actually didn't have tears falling down my cheeks until I was back in the car!

Miss L gave the parents this poem. I got up to the 2nd line and couldn't read any more through the tears so had to stop or else I would have been a mess in the classroom! It was a very sweet poem to give us, and it still makes me cry when I read it!

Pickup time couldn't come soon enough! I kept looking at my watch during the day calculating how much longer it would be till I got to pick the kids up. Seb & Zoe both had a great day. They saw each other at recess and lunchtime which was nice. Zoe said she played with 'Tayvia, Abbey, Makayla, Jenny, Jayda and Emersyn' and said that she loves her school. A fantastic day for the kids, and they deserved a treat :)

Gosh I miss having the kids at home. I am so grateful for the wonderful school they go to, and that they are happy.

No comments: