Monday, October 11, 2010

Seb's 1st Fishing Trip

Deep in thought

Seb has been wanting to go fishing for a few months now. Although Ian has all the fishing gear, he really doesn't like killing fish so he really didn't want to go! Seb's Uncle Mitch heard that he wanted to go fishing and jumped at the chance to take Seb out fishing on his boat. When I told Seb that his Aunty Karen had just rang and that they were taking him and his cousin Addie out fishing, his reaction was priceless. His eyes nearly popped out of his head and he said 'Really??' I told him yes, and he jumped up out of his chair, jumped up and down clapping his hands then ran over to me and gave me hug cuddles saying 'Thank you Mummy, thank you. I love you!!!' As he pulled back from the cuddle, he wiped away tears saying that he was just so happy :)


Happy as Larry with a rod in the river

Cousins super happy to be out fishing together

Hmmm.... where are the fish?

'Is my hat on right???' Addie getting a little distracted, leaving her rod resting on the edge of the boat.

I'm not sure if that smile left Seb's face at all during the fishing trip :)

Ewwww! I certainly wouldn't be touching worms! Seb's a true boy though and loved it.

'How 'bout I drive the boat for a while?'

Seb was SO happy he got to finally go fishing. Maybe next time they might actually get a bite :)

Thanks Karen and Mitch for taking our boy out fishing - he LOVED it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if Seb will be as enthusiastic next time knowing that you can go fishing without actually seeing any fish?? :)
Glad you had fun Sebby.