Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Eisteddfod
Gosh, I can't begin to describe how proud I am of Seb!!
A few months ago his piano teacher asked us if Seb would like to go in the Mildura Eisteddfod and we of course said yes, even though Seb said he didn't want to. He was given the piece Driving Range to learn. It was a tricky piece as both hands were to play at different timing and it took a while for Seb to pick up which frustrated him for quite a while! It was only about the week before the performance that he was able to perfect it. Seb was extremely nervous in the lead up, but he wasn't too bad on the day. Before going in, we told him we were so proud that he was going to have a go and we would be over the moon if he was just able to get up there and play the whole piece all the way through. He was up against a group of 16 kids, and he was player number 12 so he was able to watch some of the kids first which helped him calm down. My heart nearly burst out of my chest listening to my boy play and I'll admit I had sweaty palms and everything - I think Seb passed his nerves onto me!!
The adjudicator came up at the end and read out three kids names that were given encouragement awards, and I was disappointed that Seb didn't get one, but then she said that Seb had gotten second prize!! I looked over at Seb and he was looking embarrassed that his name was getting called out LOL!! SO SO proud of our boy for getting 2nd place for the 8 years and under Pianoforte Solo, and Seb was super happy with the $10 prize money :) All those piano lessons are paying off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's brilliant Seb. Well done on having a go, and what a fantastic result!!
Post a Comment