Monday, February 4, 2013

Zoe's 1st day of 4yo kinder


 My beautiful baby girl had her first day of 4 year old kinder today. Zoe was excited about it, but not overexcited like her brother was at the same age! Zoe just took it in her stride and knew it was something she needed to do and accepted that it was a big girl thing to do.



 Zoe out the front of her kinder. She is in Group 1, so she'll have four 3 hour sessions a week.

Zoe hung her bag on her assigned 'carrots' hook, which was the same one she had last year.


Zoe with Mrs Koch, the assistant teacher (Seb had her as well). When Mrs Koch knelt down offering a photo, Zoe gave her a big hug. Was so sweet. After the photo was taken, Zoe was asked to wash her hands and she happily skipped off to the bathroom, happy the routine was the same as she knew from last year I think!


  Zoe spotted the princess dressing table and made a beeline for it. She loved looking in the mirror and putting on the pretty bangles. I told her I had to go and she said she didn't want me to go, but didn't get upset or clingy at all.

 I led her over to the playdoh table where her friends from last year were sitting and she gave me a quick kiss and cuddle and was happy for me to go when I told her I'd be back to pick her up.

When I went back to pick Zoe up, the flags had been raised on the flagpoles. Mrs Koch had asked for a Taiwan flag so she could put it up like she'd put up Seb's Korean flag when he went. I was so proud to see the Taiwan flag right next to the Australian one.

I'm happy to say that I didn't shed any tears this morning either!! I felt quite sad and a little lonely knowing this was what my year would entail, dropping Zoe off at kinder. She is such a good buddy, and a happy little girl to have around that I will miss her while she's at kinder. Thinking of next year when she goes to school fills me with dread - now that's when I'll be bawling like a baby!! I am so proud of the wonderful little girl Zoe has grown into. She is a confident, happy, and social girl. Love you my Zoe.

No comments: